Friday 6 December 2013

Mandela death

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25250082http://

Nelson Mandela, anti- apartheid icon and father of  modern South Africa, died at age of 95.
He was a inspiration for blacks and whites and its message of no vengeance and his lack of bitterness made him be admired by people from all social classes from political leaders to commonplace people.
When Mandela was released from prison ,he wrote: "As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.

We have to read Mandela´s Way for Christmas ,therefore we would understand better why today the world cries this man who turned a nightmare of inequality and racism into a reality of equality .

I leave here the link for us to know the world reaction to his death and some speeches from world leaders about Mandela death.

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment